Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Orphek review

Orphek review by:clients

"Pictures tell a thousand words."

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2096730&page=5

Orphek Review



Video Links:

"amazing reef"

"We are extremely happy with theses lights. They are a showboat for shimmer and growth."

"Link"

Nice tank



Ying and Yang" shaped tanks at a Children's Hospital in upstate NY.

Orphek DONATED all of the DIF-30 units we used to light them!

The pic makes them look darker but they actually light the tanks well and they aren't even mounted at the right height yet in the pic. Those are 6' deep tanks by the way.

Thanks again Orphek you guys are the best!"

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=300952443290253&set=o.170548713004448&type=1&theater

Comments and Photos of Orphek client’s tanks


http://orphek.com/led/2011/10/comments-and-photos-of-orphek-clients-tanks/

"Re: ORPHEK PR-156 LED Lights

Postby Juzza34 » Sun 25 Sep, 2011 11:13 am


And IMO you couldnt have gotten better or quicker service. I will always speak highly of this company and their product. I definitly will be buying three more units from them for my new build.

I have recently had a guy from Oceanreefs in Perth come have a look/experiment and was quite taken back on the style,brightness, build etc of the lights but what got him most was we have done an experiment with some acros under these lights and the growth and colour has been exceptional....Considering i never had any under there before and am still suffering from NEW tank blues............Orphek say these lights are replacements for 250W-400W metal halides and thats exactly what they do.........."




“It took me maybe 5 minutes to figure out the timer, pretty easy the only negative is the button are very close together and small so sometimes you hit 2 button at once. No big deal really, how often do we mess around with timers, the unit is very sweet it looks sharp and well build, the fans are really quiet. I am very happy with it.”


“Today is the first day the Orphek has been running. I really can’t believe the size of the corals in particular the acans.


They are huge and the colour is amazing, they were never this size under the previos lighting.

This has to be the best mod so far on this tank and for lps highly recommended.”

Link“with 4 fixtures, they equal to 480w compared to 800w of the 2 x radium. So in a long run it would save me electric and running fan from the heat. the color is very bright, but I don’t get the spread like the 2 x radium. I noticed that there are spots with low light. However when I compared the PAR reading, I am getting much more from the ORPHEK LED. The color is a little more toward 10-12k, if they take out the white and add more blue bulbs, maybe 4 more. This unit would be a great 20k color. It’s pretty much new, so maybe my eyes are not adjust or use to the changes. But I like it for sure. The system is long and wide, 96″ long and it’s 36″ wide. for regular tank like 36″ long, 1 unit would be great for regular tank like 48″ long, 2 unit would be great and so on.”

Link

“As for my new LED’s I am very happy with them so far. I can wait to see how my power bill would be this quarter?”

Link

“Hi All,
Here’s my tank under two Orphek PR156W’s… i really like the colour they put out.”

Link

“at last our Orphek lights are over our 6ft tank and they look the dogies do dars”

Link

” We are now the proud owners of 2 Orphek Lights the are destined to go over our 6ft tank but for now we are trying one out on our 165ltr cube and are well pleased with them”

Link

“Here is mine”

Link

“Very nice spread on these lights. My tank is 48″x48″x21″

Link

“The corals are looking real good, polyp extension like crazy and my acans are huge!”

Link

“30 Gallon Upgrade with Orphek PR-25UV LEDs”

Link

“Mounted both the Orpheks must say one difference I find is the shimmer which is excellant. The UV brings out blue color more.Worth a buy anytime.Diehard Orphek Fan….”

Link 

“I now have two of these lights…. OMG is all i can say “

Link



We’ve seen several local hobyists cautiously try out one Orphek unit before committing to buy more,

without exception, once the first unit is operating, they ALL quickly bought the remainder and haven’t looked back.

We’ve had ours since Oct 2010 and loving the colours it produces, far better than what we were getting with out MH & T5 setups.
Check out this link …..!!

Link

“I have to say that at the moment I am very happy with them. All corals are coming out better than ever, and seem to be happier.”

Link

“All;
Just thought that I would put a quick picture up of the coral which I had put in a number of months ago.
This coral was given to me as a free bee from an Aquarium store down here in Adelaide
because it was nearly bleached and all colour was lost (looked brown in the coloured parts).
Hope you guys can see a difference, look closely at it.”

Link

Color pop.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:51 PM

I gotta be doing something right. This came to me a couple of weeks ago. It was purple and fadedand none of that blue. It’s got purple polyps and the purple/blue color is amazing. Purporites. It’s already encrusting the rock that I glued it onto. This photo is untouched by photoshop. THANKS ORPHEK!!!!

Color pop.

January 15, 2012 5:16 AM

" Here's some preliminary photos of the lights.  Has unpacking through installation and operation.  I improvised using the hardware you sent with the lights.  It is working perfectly, and there are many other ways to do it.

David"

[nggallery id=26]



Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:34 AM

"2 units have arrived perfectly packed and secured.

It was immediately installed with no problems providing good coverage all around.

Attached please find my aquarium diagram. It was installed 30cm above water level.



I'd like to thank you for the best service and above all superior product.



How can I make best use of the fact that It has 16 programs on the timer?

Each unit start with the night light first and continue with the day light and goes off the opposite way.

What use can I do with other programs?



Regards,

Eyal."



August 19, 2011 12:37 AM

"I hung the new lights and purchased new corals last weekend.  The fluorescence under the blue light is incredible!

I am very happy with your products, and hope to improve my coral skills.

Gary"



Monday, February 13, 2012 7:17 AM

"I am very satisfied and we have a lot of interested customers .

The lamp are hanging on the definitely place now.

In the attachment I send you some pictures .the colors are very beautiful.

Greetings arie"





Monday, February 20, 2012

" I have had many compliments on the lights.  They not only meet the corals needs, they look fabulous.
Thank you !!!  Doreen"


Re: ORPHEK PR-156 LED Lights


Postby Gibbon01 » Sun 25 Sep, 2011 11:35 am

:withyou: :withyou:
Thanks for sharing Justin, we've had the same experiences with our tanks, which are now all running on Orphek LED models PR-156 & PR-156W.
We used to have both 400W & 250W MH's plus a few T5's, but our tanks have certainly improved since these LEDs were installed.
Customer service between us and Orphek have been execellent at every step of the way for over a year now.
Can't recommend them more highly enough. A certain individual at the Gold Coast could learn a very valuable lesson from them..... :poke:

Testimonial by clients

No comments:

Post a Comment